September 17th – Family Night (PYC Bake Sale)
September 24th – October 29th – Classes
November 5th – Family Night – Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child Packing Party
November 12th – Committee Meetings
November 19th – Thanksgiving Meal
- Spiritual Practices for the Journey of the Christian Life: Led by Rev. Allyson Helvie – Join us as we journey through six faith practices consisting of 1)Honoring the Body, 2)Keeping Sabbath, 3)Forgiveness, 4)Healing, 5)Dying Well, and 6)Singing Our Lives. We will refer to the book, Practicing Our Faith: A Way of Life for a Searching People, which represents a refusal to leave our beliefs in the realm of theory, insisting that they can make a difference in how we live our lives.
- Holy War Christian Style: Led by Al Stokes – A look at the various religious wars instigated by Christian forces (the Crusades, the Reconquista, wars of the Reformation, the Inquisition, conquest of the Americas), the short/long term results of these events, and their importance to us today.
- Project Linus: Led by Kathleen Egger-Price – As a special project of the Prayer Shawl Ministry, we will learn how to make fleece blankets for “Project Linus.” To encourage “charity crafting” we will work with anyone who wants to learn this simple process for making comforting blankets which will then be distributed by the Anderson “Project Linus” chapter to various local groups that serve ill or traumatized children.
- The Moral Vision of the New Testament: Led by David Anderson – Based on the book by Richard Hays, we will explore the ethics of the New Testament through the distinctive voices of its authors and the unique vision that guided all of them.
- Youth Class: Led by Carrie Pannell – Youth will meet in the youth room and will go and visit church members with Miss Carrie. They will be away from 6:15pm – 7pm.
- Childcare: We will have childcare available for parents attending midweek classes, please make sure to register your children so we can make sure to have enough helpers available!